Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Update, Update


Here's what we have been up to lately:

On Thursday, Joe and I fell down the stairs, which then required me to take him to his doctor to get him checked out. He was fine. It wasn't until the next day that I recovered enough from the emotional trauma of the fall to realize that I had whiplash and a big bruise on my lower, lower back (a.k.a. the top of my butt).

On Friday, I took Joe to the local children's hospital for an Upper GI. In order to do this, two technicians held Joe on a table, while one fed him barium, and a doctor moved an x-ray apparatus over him. Needless to say, he did not enjoy this at all, but he is such a trooper that shortly after the procedure was over, he was back to his smiley, bubbly self.

On Saturday, I hung out at my parents house with my kids, Mike, my parents, my brothers, my sister, my sister-in-laws, my niece, and an aunt (got all that?).

On Sunday, my parents threw a birthday party for Isla which included all the people listed above, plus Mike's parents, sister, brother-in-law and niece.

Monday was more family time.

Tuesday, I had a doctor's appointment, which I got a speeding ticket on my way there. I was driving my mom's car. My car was in the garage. Isla was sick and napping, and I was afraid that if I opened the garage door, which is directly below her room, it would wake her up. So, I don't know if my mom's car has more pickup, or just has a smoother ride, or if it is because her car is more elevated than my car, or if I was just distracted, but whatever the reason was, I totally didn't realize I was speeding until about half a second before I saw the police car. I had already hit the brakes, but it was too late. It made me really mad though, because I always try to be super careful about my speed when I am driving. Grrr.

Today, I took the kids to get there flu shots.

And I wonder why I can never get anything done.

No comments: