Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Merry Christmas

The holidays are over now, which means our lives can return to normal. Hopefully, that means I will get back to posting.

We had a very nice Christmas. We spent Christmas eve with my parents and my brother and his girlfriend. We had some delicious swordfish, and then the adults opened their presents. Actually, Isla helped us open our presents. She got very silly, and it was great fun.

Christmas morning, my parents, my brother, and his girlfriend came up to our house. My mom brought breakfast - cinnamon rolls and danish pastry - and Isla opened her presents. She opened them each herself, pulling the paper off in little strips and taking the tissue out of the bags. However, once she opened a gift, she just wanted to play with it, and had little interest in opening another one.

Just before noon, we said our goodbyes, and Mike, Isla and I headed over to Mike's parents house. His sister, niece, grandparents and aunt were all there also. We exchanged gifts, and then Mike and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening putting together Mike's niece's air hockey table, stopping only to check on the baby and have a delicious dinner with the family.

It was a very nice Christmas, but as in the past few years, I am not sorry to be done with it.