Friday, December 21, 2007

It doesn't make any sense to me either...

Friendster will occasionally send me e-mails titled 'Friendster Schoolmates Updates' to inform me that 'so-and-so' from one of the schools I attended has updated his or her profile. Most of the time, I do not know these people, but often I can find people I knew in their list of friends.

Now, why is it, that I will waste a good portion of my time looking at the profiles of people that I didn't like? I rarely scour the accounts of the people I have fond memories of. However, if I come across someone whom the very thought of makes me shutter, I will read every entry in their profile. I will pick it apart, thinking to myself, "I know she didn't really read that book", "I can't believe she pierced her nose", "how pathetic that they still hang out together", "he didn't even like her", etc. etc. etc. I don't know why I do it. I am always slightly disgusted with myself when I am done. And yet, I continue to find myself doing it.