Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Halloween

The batteries to my camera are dead, so I didn't get any pictures of Isla when we went Trick-or-Treating. My mom, bless her, took this picture a couple days after the fact.

So there she is, in her costume. That was my costume from when I was her age. It has gone through the family, as my mom handed it down to my cousins, who handed it down to some other cousins, who handed it down to Isla.

As far as Halloween went, Isla did better than I expected. Isla and I went trick-or-treating with my neighbor, her two girls, and her sister-in-law and her son. Mike went over to her house and sat out drinking beer and giving out candy with her husband. Isla wore her hat the entire night, which I didn't think she would do. She was very interested in keeping up with the other kids and would walk up to the doors of people's houses, but then when adults tried to put candy in her bag, she would get scared and back away. I was impressed with how much walking she did and how interested in the other kids she was.

After we finished trick-or-treating, we hung out at our neighbor's house. Mike and the other dad played Halo 3 on his Xbox 360, while the moms talked and the kids played. It was a good night.