Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mommy Milestone

Last Monday, Michael and I went to the gym and left Isla in the nursery. This was the first time, we left her with a stranger. In fact, this was the first time she was left with someone she is not related to.

I guess she did well. She stayed in there for an hour. She looked stressed when I came to get her, but she wasn't crying.

Mommy, however, had a pretty difficult time with it. I felt as though I was abandoning my child. The woman who watched her was very quiet and soft spoken. When I asked her how it went, she didn't give me a lot of details. That was the hardest part for me. Somehow, I feel like I would be more prepared to take her back if I had a good picture in my head of how she did.

I know it will get easier though. My father-in-law says that by the time I have number three, I will be giving them away. I don't know about that...