Sunday, March 11, 2007

Slow Down, Baby

Isla is working very, very hard on learning to crawl, and she is very, very frustrated that she can not already. She wiggles, squirms, rolls, puts her butt up in the air, and does her beached whale imitation (lies on her belly with her arms and legs extended and flails helplessly), but she has yet to figure out the mechanics of crawling.

Which is not to say that she remains stationary. If you put her down in one place in the room, she will quickly writhe, roll and squirm to another location.

I must admit I have mixed emotions about this latest development. On the one hand, I will be very happy when she starts crawling because it is hard to watch her get so frustrated. On the other, I have visions of her dumping out the contents of the closets, shelves and cabinets throughout the house. Plus, she is my little baby, and I don't want her to grow up too fast.