Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Refraining from complaining

I just thought that I would give everyone an update on how my Lenten promise not to complain was going. I am proud to say that I am doing better than I thought I would.

However, in the past two days, I have somewhat fallen off the wagon. I got lazy. Not complaining takes constant diligence. Before I say anything, I must stop and consider whether or not it is a complaint. Yesterday and today, I got sloppy and complained on a handful of occasions. Of course, I didn't do it intentionally. It is just such an ingrained part of me.

I had been hoping that by undertaking this Lenten promise I would get out of the habit of complaining and continue not to do so after Easter. I still hope this will be true but am beginning to think that it will take more than 40 days to break this habit.