Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Getting Things Done

As anyone who is or has been a parent of a small child knows, it is very difficult to get things done while looking after a baby. Today was one of my days off from work (I work three days a week for my father-in-law). Isla and I spent the morning with my mother helping her to take her mind off her recent loss (see previous post). When we returned to the house this afternoon, we were greeted by floors that needed vacuuming and a sink full of dirty dishes.

First, I put Isla in her swing and tried to load the dishwasher, but she was having none of that. So then, I placed her in her Baby Bjorn, and from this position, she quite happily allowed me to vacuum the entire house, load the dishwasher and put a load of laundry into the washing machine before I took her out because I was tired of it.