Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What we have been up to

Mot much to post about lately - I have been spending most of my time sitting on the couch, reading, and generally trying to avoid throwing up while still trying to stay nourished and hydrated.

I have had some bad days recently, and I imagine that I have been making my husband and mother crazy. I have definitely been asking a lot more of them, when I already depend on them a lot.

Mike has been playing Lego Indiana Jones on his Playstation - which I give double thumbs up. I don't like most of his video games, but I have really been enjoying watching him play this.

Isla has been watching way more videos and eating way more junk than I care to admit. I have gotten rather lax with her on account of my exhaustion and discomfort. She is also talking up a storm. She says long sentences now, such as "Isla is sitting next to Daddy Mike" or "Isla is sitting on the potty, pooping in her diaper". She has recently learned that besides being 'Mom', 'Dad', 'Gramma', and 'Geekin', we all have actual names as well.

We have introduced the potty to her. She has peed on it twice and pooped on it once, put all that happened a few weeks ago. Isla found it very traumatic. I do plan to potty train her for real once I start feeling better. I think I need to get her some books about potty training between now and then to reintroduce the concept.

No comments: