Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Readers Have Spoken

I ended my last post with the question, what more could you ask for. My mother replied, a video of Isla saying "yes please", or "yeth pee" to be more exact.

For the past couple of months, Isla's answer to any question has been "no", even if she really wanted to say "yes". I then realized that while Isla hears us say "no" all the time, as in "no-no Isla", we almost never say "yes" to her. It is not as though she is asking us any questions.

So, I have spent the last few days saying "yes" to Isla constantly. "Yes, that is a ball." "Yes, you may have a cracker." We have also been working on her with saying "please", as in "water, please", "cracker, please", "suckie, please." The grand result of all our effort is that Isla now says "yes, please", when prompted.

See for yourself:




This is pretty impressive, when you compare it to where she was nine months ago: