Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter (and some more video)

We had a very, very happy Easter today.

We got up, and Isla noticed the "pretty shoes" I had laid out for her and insisted I put them on her immediately. She then opened her Easter basket and had jelly beans for breakfast (off the floor, no less).


After breakfast, we put on our Easter clothes, and went to mass.

When we got home, we had an Easter egg hunt in the back yard. (see footage below)




As you can probably tell, Isla did really well with the Easter egg hunt. At first, we had to point out the eggs to her, but she quickly caught on and started spotting them on her own. She would pick them up, "shake, shake, shake" them, open them, and then eat the contents. After she had finished eating, she would put the empty egg in her basket. It was super fun.

We then had a quick lunch, and drove down to my parents. At my parents, Isla took a nap, and the adults played a board game. When Isla woke up, we colored Easter eggs. Then we had a wonderful dinner, packed up our overtired daughter, and took her home. It was a great day.

I hope you all had a nice Easter as well. If my mom forwards me pictures from her house, I will try to post some of those.