Saturday, June 9, 2007

Important

Did you know that contraceptive pills are abortifacients? Somehow, I missed this fact, which is funny because I went to Catholic school for 12 years. You would think that they would have taught me that.

It makes me glad I never took the pill. A number of my doctors have encouraged me to do so for years. I always said no because I struggle with taking medicine daily, not because I had thought there was anything wrong with birth control.

Isla was not a planned pregnancy. To think, that if I had agreed with my doctors, I may have killed her in the first days of her life. That horrifies me.

So if you believe that life begins at conception, which I have yet to hear a reasonable argument against, then you must agree that contraceptive pills cause abortions.

Below is a link to a video that explains how this occurs. Unfortunately, this video comes across as propaganda for Natural Family Planning, which I realize might rub some people the wrong way. However, regardless of your feelings about the Catholic Church and their teachings on contraception, I think this is important information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCU46_lWeE